Comment on page
STKR (Staker) FAQ and Docs
This space will guide you through the recently asked questions about StakerDAO and connect you to our Github/APIs.
STKR is the community-owned token used to govern StakerDAO. STKR is used by community members to submit proposals to the DAO and to vote on those proposals. Proposals cover all aspects of how the DAO works including:
- Adjusting fees associated with the usage of StakerDAO products (wXTZ, wALGO, BLND, STKR)
- Specifying and funding new projects to be built by community specified teams.
- Spending funds for any contribution or related expense from the StakerDAO Treasury
Before ideas turn into proposals, they are shared for discussion on the forum by the community. We welcome you to join and take part in shaping the future of decentralized finance!
StakerDAO is a governance protocol run by a community of blockchain and finance enthusiasts who make governance decisions for building cross-chain, decentralized financial assets in a compliant manner. STKR is the community-owned token used to govern StakerDAO.
1. Ideas for new products or changes to existing products originate in the StakerDAO forums.
2. The StakerDAO ecosystem includes three main elements - Staker Advisory, STKR token holder Community, and Staker Development Teams. STKR is the community-owned governance token used to govern StakerDAO.
3. All STKR (Staker) token holders can vote on proposals. Proposals that reach a quorum of yes votes are approved.
4. Approved proposals are built and deployed by incentivized community members.
5. The StakerDAO products are used on-chain and may connect across chains with the StakerBridge Protocol.
6. The community decides how it uses STKR (Staker) tokens in its treasury to support the entire process of building, operating, and governing StakerDAO.
- Total supply 300,000,000 STKR as ERC20 and as an FA 1.2.
- Staker Governance process is available for proposal submission and voting via connected wallet on both Ethereum and Tezos. 1% of circulating STKR is required to submit a proposal. 4% of circulating STKR is required for quorum, with a simple majority approving proposals.
Upon Token Generation Event (TGE), the Community Allocation of STKR tokens has begun with a retrospective airdrop. In addition to this retrospective distribution to the community, there are a number of other ways to receive STKR so that you can participate in the governance of StakerDAO.
- Participate in the STKR (Staker) Farms, where users can stake certain LP tokens from specific StakerDAO product pairs. Farms can be launched based on community approval. Join our Discord to discuss this opportunity including launching farms on Tezos!
Step 2: Find the “Active” proposal and click on it. Feel free to read through the proposal and the accompanying links before you make your decision.
Step 3: Make sure your wallet is connected in the upper right corner. You can vote from MetaMask or Temple. Note: Unfortunately, Taquito has a known error where a user cannot vote through Temple using a Ledger.
Step 4: Click on “Yes” or “No” to cast your vote. Your wallet will pop up to confirm and “Sign”.
Step 5: And that’s all! Thank you for your participation! Your screen should show a thumbs up if you voted "Yes".